The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has officially named Charles Kwablan (CK) Akonnor as the new coach of the Black Stars.
The 45-year-old’s appointment was confirmed in a statement released by the FA on Wednesday (January 15, 2020) afternoon.
The former Black Stars captain will be assisted by David Duncan as Assistant Coach.
CK Akonnor joined the technical team of the Black Stars in October last year, after being picked as assistant coach of the national team.
The GFA has also named the rest Technical Team of the Black Stars as follows:
- Najawu Issah -Goalkeepers Coach
2. Dr. Christ Adomoako -Team Doctor
- Henry Martey -Welfare Officer
4. S. K. Ankomah -Masseur
- George Nii Anum Amasa -Masseur
6. Daniel Yankey-Equipment Officer
7. Suleman Zampa-Equipment Officer
The GFA has also constituted the Management Committee of the Black Stars as follows:
- George Amoako – Chairman
- Akwasi Agyemang -Vice Chairman
- Jones Alhassan Abu-Member
- Sammy Kuffuor -Member
- Fred Pappoe-Member